Monday, February 12, 2018

Ezzyisms: 4 years, 9 months


I remember back before Ez could really speak, I'd hear parents talk about the funny things their kids would say and I could NOT wait for that phase of parenthood. Well, my friends, we are finally there. Not a day goes by that Ez doesn't crack me up. Sometimes intentionally, usually not, but he has the freshest, most hilarious view of the world, and I really wish I were more on top of recording it all. The last time I did an Ezzyisms post was a whole nine months ago, which is a shame, because so many funny moments that I thought I'd remember forever have already come and gone. I mean to write them down, I really do, but, of course, I don't. Except, I finally did! A few of the funniest moments from the past few weeks made it to a notes folder on my phone, and now, finally, they're making their way to the light of day. Here's a little glimpse into Ez's world, in his own words:

  • shaking his head "I don't live in Sacramento..." <Joe> "Where do you live?" <Ez> "The playground." <Joe> "The playground??!" <Ez> "I mean, I live in a house." 
  • <trying to say Millenium Falcon> "lemony falcon" "melanie malcolm" "romero camaro" (??!)
  • "What kind of car is that?" <talking about a car that just cut me off> Me: "We'll just call it an impatient car." Ez: "Yeah...like daddy." 😂
  • "Babe, that's disgusting." <when Joe burps, farts, or does any other gross boy things.>
  • "We're going to the cake pop store." <aka Starbucks>
  • "Can you please stop that?" <anytime Joe or I sing>
  • "Mommy just ate it all." <EVERY time I finish a meal...he's giving me a complex>
  • "We just need a little pit stop." <whenever we stop at the gas station.>
  • <Falling asleep then suddenly waking up, giggling hysterically, and shouting> "you CAN'T fly!!!" (Toy Story)
  • <my mom, aka Gangy, asked if she and Grampa are old> "No...Gangy's not old. Grampa's old."
  • <Declan was making all kinds of random noise during a road trip> "Decky, can you NOT do that?" <a few minutes later> "Decky, you can be quiet, or you can not be loud." (such a little dipolomat, outlining all of Declan's options.)

Ez's current obsessions include:
  • Toy Story - especially when Buzz attempts to fly, and the rocket scene at the end
  • UPS trucks (????)
  • Roaming the backyard for hours at a time now that we're having Spring like weather
  • Ice Cream trucks & his toy ice cream set he got for Christmas
  • weekly 3 hour trips to Wacky Tacky (an indoor playground)
  • reading (aka, reciting by memory or being read to)
  • asking what everyone is eating all the time 
  • Star Wars, especially the droids and space ships
  • That song "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" 
  • Ice Cream sandwiches, cheetos, melon, and apples
  • Panera Bread
  • the mini carts at Trader Joe's
  • bossing his brother around
  • doing everything by himself (aka - stay away Mommy! DON'T help!)

Four, almost five has been such an age of growth for all of us. We've seen Ez branch out more than ever before, creating his own little world outside of our home, and he's doing an amazing job. He went from crying every time I dropped him off and not being able to tell me a single thing that went on at school, to excitedly telling me about his day, what games he and the other kids played, and what fun stuff they have planned for later in the week. It's like I blinked and all of a sudden he went from toddler to school aged kid. We are so, so proud of him and all the hard work he's doing each and every day.

While I sadly failed at catching all the variations of "millenium falcon" on video, I did get a few fun Ezzyisms:

2 comments: