Thursday, February 15, 2018

Valentine's Day


I hope you all had the most love-filled Valentine's Day! 

Between Joe and the grandparents we were all extremely loved on yesterday. It felt like a heart-filled, extra chocolaty mini Christmas. Not only did Joe get me a gorgeous bouquet, hummingbird gifts, and lots of chocolates, but he took the kids to the playground for a few hours so I could enjoy some alone time. Best gift ever. I'm one lucky gal. 


I think my favorite part of all was this being the very first school-year Valentine's Day and all the excitement that came along with that. Ez completely embraced the Valentine's spirit of making cards and heart-shaped crafts. I'm not sure what we'll do with our mornings now that it's all over. And while he was so excited to hand out all his Valentine's I don't think he even realized that he'd be receiving cards from all his classmates as well. When we collected his Valentine's out of his art bucket and brought them home he was brimming over with excitement. And boy, did his classmates spoil him! He got stickers and stamps, temp tattoos and pencils, heart-shaped glasses and even a mini skateboard, a race car, a toy soldier (like the ones in Toy Story!!!), and, his personal fave, a little rubber ducky covered in hearts. Oh, and candy. Lots and LOTS of candy. Kids have definitely stepped up their Valentine's game since I was in school...

We capped off the evening with a low key sushi meal, Toy Story, and two boys riding that sugar high. Best Valentine's Day yet. 


2 comments: