Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Winter Wonderland


I feel like January is half motivation/organization/get sh*t done, and half missing Christmas. Anyone else? No? Maybe it's just Ez and I, but this holiday season flew by, and even Joe admitted he was sad when it was over. Decky, on the other hand, seemed a tad too excited to take down the tree, but he is our household Grinch after all. This year I'm thinking we begin Christmas on November 1st and get a full two months out of the season #2018goals 🎄

Thankfully, we were able to extend the season just a tiny bit by wandering through our very own Winter Wonderland, or as winter wonderland as you can expect in California. Cal Expo had a gorgeous winter festival set up with light displays, fake snow, and lots of kid activities, including a maze which I think confused Ez a bit because it was like Christmas and Halloween all mixed together. We loved it so much and would have gone again except that we didn't get around to visiting until their very last weekend.

A few other things we've been up to lately include a train show, which Ez couldn't stop talking about so we went two days in a row, visiting with my sister on her birthday, taking our very first trip to Costco in several years - which wasn't as scary as I thought it would be on a Sunday, a date night while the grandparents watched the kiddos, and surviving 4 days single parenting while Joe was out of town for work.

How's your 2018 shaping up, my friends? I've seen some of your snow photos and I'm half jealous, half thankful we get nothing more than fog because I don't have a clue how to drive in snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment