Thursday, October 13, 2016

Family Photos - Fall 2016


Last month my sister offered to take some family photos for us while she was in town. At first we were going to take them in San Francisco, and we did get a ton of good photos there, but at the last minute we decided to go to UC Berkeley for some more. I'm so glad we did. These are some of my favorite photos of the four of us of all time. I know I've said this over and over but Berkeley is one of my favorite towns. So outdoorsy and naturally beautiful. I mean, does this look like a college campus to you? It's like walking through a forest. 

We spent a whole afternoon sipping iced coffees and traipsing around the entire campus. The weather was just a tad bit on the cool side and overcast, which was absolutely perfect. There happened to be a concert in the bell tower, so we had classical bells chiming away most of the walk. And later in the day we came across a huge dance class right outside the student center, so of course Declan had to join in with his own moves. Unlike most photo sessions which turn out stressful and rushed, this was just a nice, laid back family day except we happened to have our own personal paparazzi following us around. I wish we could do photos like this every season. 

My sister's a great photographer, and after taking pictures of two toddlers she should get a certificate or a medal or something, because it's a completely different level of photography to get photos of two kids running full speed in opposite directions. Somehow we still managed to get a ton of cute shots. The ones where the kids were occupied throwing mini pine cones off the bridge into the stream are probably my favorite of all. Ez's smile and excitement are so genuine. I wasted no time framing several of these for their new home on our walls.

4 comments:

  1. The ones with you guys kneeling on the bridge are my very fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did so good! Beautiful photos and beautiful location. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my goodness, so stinking cute! Love that you got a nice family day plus some pictures, definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete