Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Fall Decor


Each holiday I get so jealous of everyone else that has a fireplace, and, more importantly, a mantle. I have no need for a fireplace, but that mantle is just perfect for decorating. Instead I decorate the shelves in the boys' play area. This year we put up their frankenfeet from last year, all their Halloween books, and I added a few fun new touches that we recently got, like the jar of pumpkins (from Michael's), some Target dollar spot pumpkins, and a few wedding gifts: a jug made by my MIL and that egg shaped vase from our friends. 


I love the way it turned out, and every time I see it I get all the happy Halloween feels. Unfortunately it's tucked away into a corner of the house, and I decided that just wasn't enough fall decor for me, so I branched out and decorated the shelves right by our dining table as well. A few of last year's fall photos, some bright flowers, candles, pumpkins...it's a bright, cozy little nook and I love it. That hippo cookie jar is also a wedding gift. Cutest thing ever! 


And then I decided our gallery wall needed a seasonal update as well. I got that owl print at an art festival last year, and that Van Gogh tree print from a museum in Pasadena way back when I was heavily pregnant with Ez and we were trying to find air conditioned places to "walk him out." I wasn't really sure what I would do with them when I bought them, but turns out they've found their perfect home on our wall. For the next few months anyway. The wedding sign is supposed to be a place holder until we get our wedding photos, but I love it so much that I might just leave it there awhile longer. And the rest are all fall photos from the last few years. 


I think the downstairs is pretty well covered with fall touches now. Every direction I look I see pumpkins, so my job is done ;) I've mentioned this in past years, but I like to stick with simple harvest, pumpkin-y decorations so I can just leave them up straight through Thanksgiving. I'd be sad to see them go come December, except we get to move right onto Christmas decorations. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Adore all your little fall touches. Those flowers are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t have a fireplace either! Well, a real one that is. We bought our house 6 months after a man had built it. He didn’t put in a fireplace because he was allergic. My dad built a fireplace out of wood and I love it dearly, but it’s not the same as a real fireplace and mantle. I love all of your fall touches! So perfect and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this.. and all of the seasonal books are awesome. I still have my girls Halloween books that I put out each year. I don't have a fireplace either.. it would be so much for to decorate with one but we mantleless people make due. : )

    ReplyDelete