Friday, October 23, 2015

Fall Decor


I love getting a glimpse into other people's homes and decorating styles (Property Brothers addict right here), so I thought I'd give a little fall decor home tour. When it comes to fall decorations I tend to stick with autumn, harvest type stuff that I can leave up till Thanksgiving, as opposed to Halloween specific decorations that have such a short shelf life. It's a combo of laziness, lack of storage space, and personal preference. I'm a big fan of typical deep, rich fall colors, so I tend to just throw a bunch of pumpkins on every shelf in the house and call it a day. Both this year and last year Ez helped me make a garland. Last year we did pumpkins, this year we went for leaves. I also like to create a little holiday reading nook for Ez. He loves books anyway, but having his own little corner makes it extra cozy and inviting. I think I love it more than he does. In fact, I kinda want my own. I guess that's next on my agenda.


What's your style? Classic autumn or spooky Halloween? Or somewhere in between?

5 comments:

  1. Somewhere in between, I think, but closer to the classic autumn side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!!! Give me all the pumpkins. Pumpkin everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on decor you can leave up till Thanksgiving rather than Halloween specific decorations. I throw a few little Halloween things out here and there, but I go with mostly general fall stuff. Everything you have out looks so cute - love the leaf garland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally the same decorating style for sure! We throw our decor up September 1st and it stays up until it is time to put Christmas decor up...which is the day after Thanksgiving. Actually, this year I'm considering a week earlier since we travel the entire week of Thanksgiving. Long story just to say we decorate with Fall themed stuff too!

    ReplyDelete