Lately I haven't been blogging much for a few reasons. For one, I was pretty sleep deprived last week, especially the night that Ezzy decided to wake up every 40 minutes and then get up for real at 4:30 am (thankfully Joe took over at that point). Also, we haven't been doing a ton of "blog-worthy" stuff, or taking many pictures. But then I came across this blog which talks about taking a moment each Wednesday to reflect on the little things that made us happy the past week. And since my only real resolution this year is to enjoy this special time when Ezzy is quickly growing out of his baby phase and turning into a toddler, it makes sense to enjoy the little things in our lives that make us smile, and not only the stuff that we remember to record on camera. So here a few of the things that made me happy this past week:
- A mid-week lunch date with Joe. He started a new job right down the street from our house which means no more hour + commutes each way for him, and more family time for all of us.
- Getting kisses from Ezzy. I mentioned in his 8 month update that he had stopped acting repulsed when we kiss him, and has actually started reciprocating, and it warms my heart every time he pauses whatever he's doing to give me a kiss.
- Ezzy said "baba" when I handed him his bottle the other night. Of course, he says baba a lot when there are no bottle in sight, so it may or may not have been his "first word" - but it is a reminder that his first words are right around the corner. It's going to be so fun to finally get a glimpse of what's going on in his mind.
- Our first parents' night out. Technically it was in the afternoon, and Ezzy was never more than a mall length's distance from us, but it was still really nice to have some alone time while watching Saving Mr. Banks.
- Bedtime story time - in honor of Saving Mr. Banks, I picked up Mary Poppins from the library and have been reading that to Ezzy after his bath each night. It's a really cute story, and there are only so many times I can read the same picture book without losing my mind.
- And, of course, a not so little thing was getting to spend time with Gangy and Grampa over the weekend.