Friday, January 3, 2014

Enjoying 2014

I know a lot of people are making resolutions right now, about improving their health, or their spending habits, or being more organized, but I was having a hard time thinking up any resolutions that I felt very inspired about. Of course I do want to be healthier, but that's been an ongoing theme in my life for awhile now, and not really worthy of any more special attention on January 1st than it is any other day of the year for me. I wouldn't mind if these last few pregnancy pounds melted off, or if my savings grew, or my house was cleaner. But if that doesn't happen, I'm still happier than I've ever been.

When I came across this blog, which talks about choosing a word to reflect upon for 2014, it made me think about which word I would choose. They say life's a journey, not a destination. But if it were a destination, I'd be so happy with where I am right now. In fact, if I could pause life at specific moments and just soak them up, I'd take a little vacation in this phase of my life. I'd want to slow down and enjoy these last few days/weeks before Ezzy is mobile. These last few months before he turns one and becomes a toddler. I'd want to soak up as much time as possible with my boys - both our nights in cuddling on the couch and watching movies, as well as our little family adventures. But since you can't pause life, I'm going to make a concentrated effort to enjoy this special time in our lives. So while I don't have a profound resolution or word or motto for 2014, I'm just going to go for simplicity and choose "Enjoy" as my word for the year. My only goal for 2014 is to soak up as many moments like these as possible:



No comments:

Post a Comment