Tuesday, September 26, 2017

16 Favorite Halloween Books


Did anyone else just recently look at their calendar and realize this is the last week of September?? Anyone who knows me knows that keeping track of the days is not one of my strengths, so maybe I'm the only one surprised by the fact that next month is OCTOBER!! Which is officially holiday season! No offense to September, but it's basically just an inbetween month. In between summer and fall, in between hot muggy awfulness and crisp cool temps, in between lazy summer days and holiday festivities. In case you couldn't tell, it's not my favorite month. It doesn't help that we've been sick the last few days. So yeah, I am very ready to usher out September and welcome October with open arms. 

Out of nowhere, both boys suddenly decided they LOVE Monsters Inc. again. It was their favorite for awhile, then they moved onto Nemo, and most recently Moana, but it happened to be on TV this week and they were literally bouncing off the walls with excitement. They must know Halloween is in the air 🎃 That inspired me to dust off our Halloween books, and that got me thinking about which new ones we want to add to our growing collection this year. 

Here are our top 16 Halloween book picks, twelve that we already own, and four that I'm eyeing. What's your favorite? Let me know if we're missing any good ones!



  1. Little Blue Truck's Halloween
  2. Monster Trucks
  3. Spooky Wheels on the Bus
  4. There Was an Old Mummy Who Swallowed a Spider
  5. Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin
  6. Room on the Broom
  7. Peter Rabbit and the Pumpkin Patch
  8. I Love You Little Pumpkin
  9. Five Little Pumpkins
  10. Where the Wild Things Are
  11. Pumpkin Jack
  12. Where's My Mummy?
  13. It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse
  14. Duck & Goose Honk! Quack! Boo!
  15. Ten Timid Ghosts
  16. Five Black Cats

No comments:

Post a Comment