Thursday, September 28, 2017

31 Festive Halloween Activities


If there's one good thing about being sick, it's that I've suddenly found the motivation to blog. I was lying around on the couch, making my way through a box of tissues and browsing past Halloween posts to get inspiration for crafts and recipes, when I decided why not just combine it all in one easy-to-find spot? So I bring you four years' worth of Halloween activities, 31 of our favorites, to be exact. Most of these can be done anywhere, but the last four are specific to Southern California, although I do believe most zoos do their own version of Boo at the Zoo. I'm excited to explore Sacramento's local Halloween festivities this year, and we've already got a few on our radar. AND, I'm even more excited that we've got a Disneyland trip planned for next week! Eeeek!! We're not doing Mickey's Halloween Party this year. We have annual passes and it would cost extra to go to the party, but I'm just excited for the Halloween decorations, to check out the new Oogie Boogie spells at California Adventure, and, of course, all the Halloween-themed treats. I may or may not have a list of must-eat foods while we're there. Ok, who are we kidding? I definitely have a must-eat list. 

Aside from Disneyland, I'd say Ez's favorite tradition is our Halloween egg hunt. This will be our second year doing it, so it officially counts as a tradition now, right? Neither of the kids like the footprint crafts, but pulling those out each year is one of my absolute favorite traditions. What happened to their tiny little feet?? Decky likes trying to haul away the biggest pumpkins he can find at the pumpkin patch. And Joe will tell you he doesn't like holidays, but that doesn't explain why he's been trying to take us to pumpkin patches since August. (FYI, there are zero pumpkin patches open in August). What's your favorite October tradition? We're always looking to freshen up our list with some new ideas!

To Do:
1. Decorate!
2. Read books
3. Watch movies
4. Spooky indoor camping
5. Boo packages
6. Halloween Egg Hunt
7. Jump in leaf piles

To Eat:
8. Pumpkin cereal bars
9. Pumpkin smoothie
10. Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Banana Bread
11. Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
12. Apple Cinnamon Muffins
13. Pumpkin Beer &/or Hard Apple Cider (for mom & dad)

To Craft:
14. Footprint monsters
15. Frankenstein toilet paper rolls
16. Paint pumpkins
17. Carve pumpkins
18. Ghost footprints
19. Sponge Stamp Pumpkins
20. Festive T-Shirts
21. Contact Paper Pumpkin Wall

To Go:
22. Pumpkin Patch
23. Corn Maze
24. Harvest Festival
25. Pony Rides
26. Fall Foliage Hunting
27. Trick or Treating! (duh)

Go Big:
28. Scarium at the Pacific
29. Boo at the Zoo
30. Dark Harbor at Queen Mary (just for parents)
31. Mickey's Halloween Party

2 comments:

  1. I kind of dropped my blog ball on CDtoHalloween this year =( But, also...I pretty much don't care lol. I'm still doing all the things. And, fingers crossed I'm still motivated to take 100422324 pictures. But, no blogging energy this year. I just bought out the target Halloween section though! We already made pumpkin cookies! I like the for mom and dad one lol. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is awesome! I love this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete