Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gender Reveal!

Happy almost Halloween!

I had two doctor's appointment's last week, one was just a checkup with the nurse (who I hate and will do my best to never see again) and the other was with a perinatologist (I think) that screens for down syndrome and genetic defects.The perinatologist was much better than the nurse, although the wait was looong, and Joe didn't get to go because he went to the other awful appointment instead. An ultrasound technician spend a long time taking all kinds of images of Joni. She had to measure the neck, so we needed to baby to turn over. She was poking my stomach with the ultrasound device and I could see the baby's tiny legs kicking. I also heard the heartbeat for the first time, which sounded like galloping horses. She gave me three very nice ultrasound pics. I also found out that I'm about a week further along than I thought - 13 weeks instead of 12, which means I'm officially in the 2nd trimester. When the doctor came in he did some 4D ultrasounds, and....a gender ultrasound! I thought it would be at least a month before we found out the gender.

Drumroll.....

Joni is a boy! So we get to start thinking of real names and planning the nursery and all that fun stuff :)

 Joni at 13 Weeks
 Joni's 13 Week 4D Ultrasound
Joni's a Boy!!

13 Weeks Update
 13 Weeks Belly

Total Weight Gain:Up a total of 2-3 lbs for the first trimester. Still not really showing though.
Maternity Clothes: Nope, I got a couple long baggy tops from Gap (2 for less than $10!), but I'm hesitant to buy anything new until I'm bigger.
Symptoms: Morning sickness is supposed to end with the first trimester, but I have had a few days of nausea recently. Nothing too bad, and usually in the evenings. Also, my skin, especially my stomach gets so itchy! I have some coco butter lotion that I need to use more regularly.
Best Moment of the Week: Skipping work after the first (awful) doctor's appointment and going to Disneyland!! The weather was so clear and perfect, everything was decorated for Halloween, and we got to ride everything we wanted to. Plus I finally gave into my cinnamon roll craving at the new Jolly Holiday Cafe and it was soooo good! The only kinda sad thing is all our pictures got deleted - which may be a blessing in disguise because Joe insists we are going back next Saturday and retaking our pics. Awww!
What We're Reading & Watching this Week: We've been watching Halloween movies lately: The Ring (creepy!), Rear Window (I liked Dial M for Murder better), & The Nightmare Before Christmas - Joe had never seen it, so we're preparing for our 2nd Disneyland Adventure.
Food Cravings: The only way I'm going to eat my veggies is if I cook them myself. Last week I made baked Eggplant Parmesan using this basic recipe, but subbing Greek Yogurt for the sour cream - soooo good! Sadly, I'm still liking donuts a lot, as well as pb&j, and ice.
What I Miss: Nothing at the moment, although sushi gets brought up a lot.
Happy or Moody? Moody. I nearly had a breakdown at the doctor's office after waiting at hour, then asking the receptionist how much longer and finding out it would still be another 45 minutes!
Movement: I saw him move!! Still haven't felt anything though.
Looking Forward to: Planning for a boy - getting nursery ideas, picking out his name, buying him his first books :) Also looking forward to another trip to Disneyland.

No comments:

Post a Comment