Thursday, November 1, 2012

Food Diary & Cravings

I'm not sure if I've had anything really strong enough to be considered a craving yet, but I definitely have some food preferences, and unfortunately they are not very healthy. Raw veggies are out - I can force myself to eat a side salad sometimes, but a salad as a meal makes my stomach turn. Cooked veggies are still ok, but if we go out to eat, veggies are not my favorite option. Now that the weather is a little bit cooler, I've been trying to cook at home more, so these are a few of the veggie creations I've recently come up with.

1) Baked Eggplant Parmesan: I basically followed this recipe as the base, but substituted low fat Greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. Then I added Trader Joe's pizza sauce and cheese and baked some more (the key to eating veggies is cheese!). I made the flat bread using Trader Joe's pizza dough.

2) Spaghetti Squash with vegan Tofurkey sausage, sauteed mushrooms, and Trader Joe's pasta sauce. Plus, of course, more cheese. I also made sweet potato biscuits, using this recipe, but subbing 1 tablespoon butter for the two tablespoons shortening. I also add shredded cheddar and dried parsley. Soooo good! And filling, considering spaghetti squash only has 50 calories per cup.


And here's what I'd eat every day if I could:

Red Robin's Fish 'n Chips
So good, yet so bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment