Sunday, October 7, 2012

Two Lines!!

I'm beginning this blog over a month after peeing on a stick, but now that I've decided to follow Joni's journey, I figured the best place to start is at the beginning.

I took the test before work on August 29th - the day I was supposed to get my period. I absolutely couldn't wait a day longer. When I saw the two pink lines, I re-read the instructions about three times to make sure that meant pregnant, and then I immediately showed the stick to Joseph. I've seen a lot of cute ideas about telling/surprising the hubby/significant other, but I'm no good at keeping secrets, and we work together so there was no way I was going to keep the secret for 9+ hours.

He may have cried a few tears of happiness. He still claims he's more excited than me (it's a tie).

As for the name Joni - That's a combo of our names: Joseph + Nina. As a result, we often slip up and call Joni a "she" but we're so excited for a healthy baby - boy or girl.

This will be our first baby, but I was pregnant in May and wound up having an ectopic pregnancy and emergency surgery. The bright side of that experience this time around means by 7 weeks I had already had 3 ultrasounds. The first, right around 4 weeks, didn't show anything.

Here's Joni at 5 weeks! Just a tiny little sack:

And here's Joni at 6 weeks, 4 days, when we saw his/her little beating heart!
So that means we're having a baby in May, 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment