Monday, July 17, 2017

Goodbye 33


It's my last day as a 33 year old. Turning 34 doesn't freak me out at all (I thought I turned 34 for the past two years, so I guess you could say I'm mentally prepared for this birthday) but 33 will be a very hard year to top. 

Of course, any year you get married to your best friend is gonna be pretty hard to top ;) 

Other notables from my 33rd year:

Joe and I had not one, but three overnight kid-free trips to: Lake Tahoe, Sacramento (before we moved here), and Monterey. It was a personal record for us and I'm knocking on wood that we keep up the trend this year.

Speaking of moving, we did that (again) too. Goodbye San Jose, hello Sacramento and we couldn't be happier.

Thanks to the wedding a very rare occurrence happened: all four of my sisters and I were in the same place at the same time. Lifelong memories were made and it was the best wedding gift I could've asked for.

Overall, 33 was pretty rich in family adventures and memories, including a Disney trip for Ez's birthday, Thanksgiving and Christmas, a bachelorette trip with my besties and mom to Lake Tahoe, a second mini sister reunion, and meeting up with my bff in Santa Cruz for a day. 

It doesn't escape me for a second how blessed and lucky I am. You've been good to me 33, and you've got big shoes to fill 34, but I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment