Tuesday, December 18, 2012

20 Weeks Bump Update + Ultrasound Pics

20 Weeks - Only 20 to go!
Total Weight Gain: About 12 lbs. And I just read that I'll gain about a pound per week for the next 20 weeks. Yikes.  
Maternity Clothes: One pair of maternity jeans, plus lots of leggings, dresses, and flowy cardigans or sweaters for work. I'm not trying to hide it so much outside of work anymore though.
Symptoms: Feeling good.
Best Moment of the Week: Seeing our little guy! He's looking much less alien and more human. Joseph also got to hear his heartbeat for the first time. Also, we did lots of fun Christmas stuff. We went to Chill at the Queen Mary (lots of ice sculptures - pics to come!). We also saw all the Christmas decorations at Christmas Tree Lane, the Bailian House, and Hastings Ranch.
What We're Reading & Watching this Week: I had a sick day so I watched the 12 Dates of Christmas and Love Actually (one of my fave Christmas movies).
Food Cravings: Still drinking a ton of OJ to beat this lingering cough. Mexican food has also been high on my list of faves. Rice Krispies has been the most recent cereal of choice.
Exercise: I spent several days napping trying to get over this cold. I'll be aiming for 10,000 steps again now that I'm feeling better.
What I Miss: Nothing at the moment. I'm going to miss cookie dough when I go home this weekend though :(
Happy or Moody? Both. Being sick didn't help.
Movement: Yep! I've been feeling him daily.
Looking Forward to: I'm going home for Christmas this Saturday! I can't wait to see everyone.

We had our 20 week scan this past Friday, and we got to spend a lot of time watching our little guy squirming around. We didn't get too many pics though. It turns out he takes after his dad and hides every time a camera is near. We did get another confirmation that he's a boy. The ultrasound tech even commented that he's always hiding his face but not at all shy about covering his boy-parts. We also got reassurance that he has five fingers on one of his hands (the hand blocking his face). 

Top: Hand Blocking His Face. Bottom: It's a Boy!

Top: His Face (Looking to the Right). Bottom: His Face (Smooshed Under His Hand).

No comments:

Post a Comment