Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Home Tour: Declan's Nursery


We've lived here about two and a half months now, and I have yet to share any home pictures. Probably because it took about two months to actually unpack every last box. And then there was the business of getting some prints of Declan for our walls. I think Joe may have a heart attack if another orange box from Shutterfly arrives on our doorstep. But now things are put away and the walls are cheerfully adorned, so I figured I'd kick off the home tour with Declan's room. 


I didn't originally plan a nursery for Declan because he and Ez were sharing a room at our last house. All the furniture was just arranged in the only way it would all fit and everything was very cramped and inconvenient. It just wasn't the best setup. Now they each have their own room and I think it makes life and sleep schedules much easier. 


Declan's room is probably my favorite room in the house. I took the mom initiative to decide that Declan loves elephants. He has no say in it, but if he sees them often enough, it may turn out to be true. His room is really bright and since Declan isn't mobile it tends to remain organized for the most part. Unlike a certain two year old's room.  Or my closet, for that matter.


One of my favorite things about his room is that there are so many handmade touches from friends and family that really show how loved Declan is. The balloons, Declan crate, and teal letters were made by my close friend Jennifer. The striped kitty on the shelf over the changing table was knitted by my sister/Aunt Anna. The blue animal print quilt hanging over the crib was made by Joe's cousin. And the elephant print was actually taken by my sister/Aunt Bianca on a recent trip to Africa. It's a three month old elephant, and I love how playful he looks. Perfect for a baby or toddler's room. You can see more of her gorgeous photos here.



8 comments:

  1. Love nurseries! They all feel so loved. That elephant is too darling! And those balloons make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the picture of the heart with the polaroid pictures! Thatone. Cute =) So nice to have two rooms. I"d imagine one room two boys would be a nuthouse. I have no idea how people did big families in like a two room farmhouse or some such thing years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elephant theme, so cute! And so sweet that there are so many people that helped to bring the room together! I think this is my favorite room too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the balloons on the wall. The elephant theme is adorable, how could Declan not love them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE all the colors and even before I read the personal touches I could see it in the photos. You did a great job! and I hope he loves the elephants because I sure do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the different shades of blue! What a beautiful nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love his room!!!!! If I had wallspace in Ben's room I would totally try to recreate that balloon hanging!!! So cute!! Also, tell me how you did the pictures in the heart shape in the wooden frame?! Like where you printed them, etc..all the details!

    ReplyDelete