Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cheers to the Moms


I took a little unexpected blogging break this week. I had a few posts planned and they're sitting half finished in a folder right now. Those, along with several other chores, have been sitting on my to do list all week just waiting to be crossed off and they were weighing on my mind, because we all know how great it feels to cross items off your to do list. But then I decided to go ahead and give myself a free pass. Because I don't want blogging to be a chore, I want it to be something I enjoy. And if I find it more enjoyable to be on the ground with kids crawling all over me, then that's where I'm going to be. Or napping while the kids nap, because let's be real, caffeine can only get you so far. We all need a break sometimes. Especially moms, who are counted on by so many people and who tend to put the most pressure on themselves. 

So here's a big cheers to all you moms out there who prioritized playing puzzles on the floor over your to do lists. And cheers to all the stains you've scrubbed out of clothes and carpets. Cheers to all the tears you've kissed away, all the cuddles you've soaked up, and all the impromptu dance parties had. Cheers to every tooth brushing battle you've won and to all the clothing battles you've decided weren't worth your energy. Cheers to just one more ounce of patience when it feels like you've got none left and cheers to tempers lost too. It's all just a normal day for a parent and we all deserve a pat on the back because parenting is the hardest and best thing all at the same time. 

If you're feeling a little sentimental, here are some good parenting reads:



TGIF! Have a lovely weekend friends!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment