Monday, February 25, 2013

30 Weeks Bump Update + 2 Trimesters of Bump Pics

30 Weeks Pregnant at Inspiration Point (Will Rogers State Park)
Baby Ezra is about the size of a head of cabbage now - 15.7 inches long and almost 3 pounds!

Here's another fun pregnancy symptom/fact that BabyCenter.com points out this week: "Thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax, so your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being a bit off. Also, this relaxation of your ligaments can actually cause your feet to spread permanently, so you may have to invest in some new shoes in a bigger size." :( But I like my old shoes...

Total Weight Gain: Much MUCH more than Ezzy's 3 pounds.
Symptoms: I feel heavy and my organs feel squished. Also, I had a little bit of heartburn over the weekend plus some recurring knots in my back. Our dolphin back massager was one of the best investments ever:

Best Moment of the Week: We had several walking dates this past week - one at the Rose Bowl, and one at Will Rogers State Park. When so much of the rest of the world is dealing with snow and ice, it would be wrong not to take advantage of our 70 degree weather.
What We're Reading & Watching this Week: We are over Weeds. That show took a turn for the worse around the 3rd/4th season. The characters became really annoying and the plot was far-fetched and not remotely humorous. All the reviews we read said to get out now and not waste anymore time, so we moved on to the Walking Dead, which is amazing so far (we just started season 2).
Food Cravings: I had a peanut butter cup and ice cream craving (which was satisfied with Menchies fro-yo on Sunday), as well potatoes, and I got this Safeway brand "french toast" bread (bread with little pockets of maple syrup) that I used to make the coconut french toast last week. Lately I've just been eating it straight out of the bag and it's delicious.
Exercise: Still walking a lot.
What I Miss: Not being winded going up a small hill. I used to hike/walk stairs all the time and feel fine - now I feel like an 80 year old with asthma.
Happy or Moody? Happy & irritable - so I guess moody.
Movement: Yep, all the time. He's a little acrobat.
Looking Forward to: Finding somewhere to live. Fingers crossed!

And just for kicks, here's my progress pics from the first two trimesters:

I forgot what my abs looked like. I remember that in the first few months we would wonder why it was taking so long for my bump to grow. Now there's no doubt that Ezzy's in there and growing. Right around month 5 my stomach started growing exponentially - and it seems like every week it's noticeably bigger than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment