In my latest Toddlerville post I mentioned a few of the more trying aspects of living with a two and a half year old, but Ez and Declan both teach me so much about getting joy from the little things in life. I love watching them play and explore and seeing their little faces light up when they discover a new skill. Here are a few of the things that may seem like no big deal but bring a smile to their faces, and therefore mine too:
- Finger nails scratched down the side of the couch. Apparently Declan is part cat.
- Finding the perfect wooden surface to chew on. He's part woodchuck too.
- Climbing up every single slide at the playground.
- Making a soccer goal. Still a cause for celebration even when there's technically no goalie.
- Finding at least a dozen ladybugs. And a few hummingbirds too, for good measure.
- Riding the rocking horse at the park completely unassisted.
- Kit kats.
- Dance break! (Octonauts style)
- Spotting motorcycles. Or fire trucks. Or buses. Notice a theme here?
- Raspberries and tickle fights.
- Stealing one of brother's toys. (This is a two way street.)
- Matching pjs. Ok, this one's just for me.
- Swing sets and sunny days.
- Midweek lunches with auntie.