Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall Traditions


Happy 1st day of Fall!!! 

What I love most about fall is all the traditions we've established as a family. The familiarity of visiting pumpkin patches and corn mazes and harvest festivals, no matter where we're living, each and every year, just gives me all the warm and fuzzies. Throw in some cooler weather and baked apple goods and I'm a happy girl.

This year we won't be able to attend Mickey's Halloween Party, which is a bummer because nothing says fall like the Haunted Mansion done up Nightmare before Christmas style. To compensate I found a few other local activities to take its place. The kids may wind up loving
Thomas the Train's Halloween Party even more than Mickeys anyway. Winchester Mystery House is something Joe and I have wanted to do ever since we moved here, and somehow, even though we only live a few miles away we never seem to make it over there.

Also on our list is a mini honeymoon. We may or may not get around to a bigger one next year but for now I'm very excited to do a Tahoe getaway with the hubby, sans kids. If we happen to have it timed right to see all the trees change color that would be icing on the cake. 

One more newish tradition that I'm very excited to announce is the 31 Days to Halloween Countdown linkup. Seeing what kind of fall fun you're all up to adds so much to the festivity. Look for a formal announcement next week.

Oh, and spoiler alert: I couldn't help myself and we've already crossed one of these items off the list. For once I'm not procrastinating ;)

What traditions do you most look forward to each fall?

3 comments:

  1. ooh a mini honeymoon sounds amazing!! Sad about no Mickey Party, and I wished they changed the Haunted Mansion here...looks so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the pumpkin patch where inevitably it will be 100° our and the outfit I was hoping them to wear won't work because every single thing out there Halloween is long sleeved, LOL. Looking forward to your Halloween countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so fun! Can't wait to see you guys cross things off this list. Wahoo for a honeymoon! I hope y'all have the best time!

    ReplyDelete