Friday, June 7, 2013

From Pin to Reality: Berry Cobbler Recipe Review



I have at least 100 recipes pinned to various Pinterest boards, but I haven't done a whole lot of cooking for the past nine months or so. While I was pregnant and working the last thing I wanted to do was come home and cook. I just wanted my food ready fast, and preferably prepared by somebody else. But now that Ezzy is here, going out to eat isn't really an option, so I've been experimenting with fast, easy recipes.

I love fruity desserts, so when I found this 3 ingredient weight watchers berry cobbler recipe (see original recipe here) I had to try it. The prep time is under 5 minutes so I can throw this together while I'm getting dinner ready and it's done baking by the time we're finished eating.

Ingredients
1 box white cake mix
2 12-ounce packages frozen berries
1 can diet Sprite

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Pour frozen berries (don't thaw them) into a 9x13 dish.
Spread dry cake mix evenly over the berries.
Slowly pour Sprite over the cake mix, making sure there are no dry spots. Don't stir the mix though.
Bake at least 45 minutes, until the top is lightly browned. (It took me closer to an hour)
I serve this with lite Cool Whip.

Overall this is very yummy and we both liked it. My only complaint is that it's hard to make sure the Sprite covers all of the cake mix, so both times I've made it I wound up with a few powdery patches. Next time I'll try checking it after about 10 minutes and pour more sprite over any dry spots if necessary.

1/16th of the cobbler has about 140 calories. I love sweets though, so we ate about double that serving size.

No comments:

Post a Comment