Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Ezra's 1st Birthday Party


There was so much excitement leading up to Ezzy's 1st Birthday party, and then it flew by like a whirlwind. Joe and I loved having so many family members that hadn't met all together in one room. A huge thanks to all the friends and family that were able to celebrate with us, and to all the family that sent love and gifts and video messages from far away. Your presence and love was the best present, everything else was icing on the cake! Speaking of cake, I'm saving the cake smash photos for a separate post, because I don't want to overload you with cuteness all in one post ;)

We had Ezzy's party at El Torito, in our own separate room, with a yummy buffet. Although this might not be the most cost effective route, I was very happy with the minimal clean up, and not having to cook or worry about food. When guests got there, we had them sign in on a copy of Dr. Seuss's Happy Birthday to You. One of my favorite parts of the party is being able to read through all the messages written to Ezzy and I know he'll love looking back on that through the years. I made two collages with 12 monthly photos of Ezzy, from birth to 1 year old, and had those set up on either side of his high chair. It was so crazy to see the change in him from month to month. Right around month three he really went from looking like a newborn, to looking like Ez (just smaller and less chubby). Afterward I gave them to the grandmas for Mother's Day. Joe and I made an Ezzy trivia quiz with 15 questions and prizes for the top 3 winners. My mom, Joe's mom, and Uncle Avery wound up winning, and they got an Ezzy mug, an Ezzy reusable shopping bag, and Ezzy magnets. For party favors I made sugar cookies shaped like a 1 and covered in different colored sprinkles placed in a clear bag along with stickers of Ezzy that I had made through Shutterfly.

The party went from 1 - 3, which overlaps with naptime, so when we got to El Torito Ezzy was sleeping in his car seat. He woke up right around the time guests started arriving, and it took a little while for him to warm up to the situation. By the end of the party he was having a great time though. His party was everything  Joe and I were hoping it would be, and again, a big thanks to everyone who celebrated this milestone with us. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Aww...looks like had such a fantastic birthday!!!! Lots of friends and family there to celebrate him! Also, I love the idea of everyone signing the "happy birthday" book! I wish I had thought of that!!!

    ReplyDelete