Friday, May 9, 2014

MIA


Happy Friday! I've been MIA around here this week, but I have a very good reason: Ezzy's birthday party is tomorrow. His first birthday, guys! Exciting stuff. And we've got people coming from out of town just to sing Happy Birthday and watch Ezzy eat cake for the first time. (Can you tell that's the part I'm most excited about?) Joe and I half-joked that our next kid is getting a no-fuss backyard birthday party, and we'll just photoshop him or her into pictures from Ezzy's birthday. But, to be honest, going out for Ezzy's birthday is way less stress than having everyone over here. No cleanup and no cooking. Can't beat that. 

This is just a quick post because odds are I won't be posting for the next few days either. Tonight my family and Joe's grandfather are getting into town. This will be Ezzy's first time meeting his great-grandpa. Tomorrow's the party. Sunday's my first Mother's Day (if you don't include the one last year that I spend in labor). And on Monday Ezzy and I are going to Disneyland with my family! Then Tuesday is Ezzy's actual birthday. Whew! So much fun stuff!

Ezzy is sitting in his high chair next to me right now clapping away (his newest skill). I think he knows something's up. 

Also, can I just say, that top photo, second from left? Cracks me up every time I look at it. One month old and Ezzy was already such an expressive little goofball. Lately I've been going through a lot of pictures from the last year, and it's triggered so many great memories. I love all the adventures we've shared as a family of three, and I think it will only get more exciting now that Ezzy is more mobile and aware of what's going on. 

Have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely mamas out there!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Happy Birthday, Ezzy!!!!! I hope he has a wonderful day and you all get to relax and celebrate your precious boy! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several of those pics remind me of Alex. Which may be the reason why your son has been the only baby to give me baby fever.

    Happy birthday little man!

    Zshnette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The third one down on the left side especially, but from certain angles I think he looks like Alex too.

      Delete