Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What I ate Wednesday

I've been seeing What I Ate Wednesday posts in the blog world lately, and I for some reason love seeing what other people eat in a day, so I thought I'd do one as well. Taking pictures of all my food had the added benefit of making me think twice about some of my snack choices, so maybe I should do this more often. In a typical day I eat more sweets.

Breakfast:
I pretty much eat the same thing for breakfast for weeks at a time, and then get sick of it and switch it up. Lately I've been eating plain greek yogurt with a tablespoon of honey, a sliced banana, a tablespoon of flax seed (not pictured) and half a cup of raisin bran. When I have berries I throw a handful of those in as well, but we were out this morning. Plus a cup of coffee with unsweetened almond milk is a must. This is a really filling combo. I usually eat around 8:00, and don't need a snack before lunch.

Lunch:
This is my second time this week eating this meal. It's a vegan "chicken" caesar pita + half an avocado. I used an ezekiel pita, and inside there's romaine, caesar dressing, gardein vegan chick'n, and parmesan. I had Target salt & pepper kettle chips and grapes on the side. 

Snacks:
I ate this clif kid bar before I worked out (2.5 miles/30 minutes on the treadmill).

Afterward I had a snack pack of cashews, cottage cheese, and mango. I wound up working out twice today (very rare), so this was also a pre-workout snack. Joe and I went to the park and he had me doing calisthenic exercises while Ezzy pushed his lawn mower around. He's tough. I only last twenty minutes, then we went out to eat for date night.

Dinner:
Since it was date night, we ordered a lot of different dishes and split everything. We went to a vegan restaurant and got: salad with quinoa, chick'n, edamame, tortilla strips, and lots of other veggies; chick'n burger + sweet potato fries, curry tofu scramble + brown rice. Everything was delicious. And it turns out Ezzy loves vegan chick'n too. And edamame. Good to know. 

Dessert:
After we walked around checking out some furniture stores we stopped by Starbucks and I got a light espresso frappucino, but only drank half since I don't want to be up all night. 

And here are some pics of Ez and I working out, and then collapsed on the grass afterward:

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, isn't that a fun bonus of blogging! You don't want to take a pic of all the bad things you eat so you don't eat them that day =)

    ReplyDelete