Tuesday, April 16, 2013

37 Weeks Bump Update

37 Weeks Pregnant
Sorry I've been MIA for the past two weeks. Nope, it's not because I went into labor. I've been busy wrapping up last minute projects at work, trying to get everything unpacked at the new place (still working on that one), assembling furniture (still working on this one as well), and having not one, but two baby showers! (More on the showers later.) A lot of people have said the last month passes slowly, and maternity leave will get boring, but so far we've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to be bored. Note to future self: get everything done before the eight month mark, and spend the last month hibernating on the couch with your swollen feet propped up.

This week Ezra is officially full term, so he can decide to come out at any time and nobody will try to stop him.

Symptoms: Lower back pain and neck/shoulder pain. Plus one of my ribs feels fractured or pushed out of place. I'm pretty sure Ezzy kicked it aside to make more room for his 6+ pound self.
Best Moment of the Week: I've had two showers in the last two weeks and it's amazing to see how many people love this little guy already.
What We're Reading & Watching this Week: We've moved on from the Walking Dead to Game of Thrones. It's such a good series, we watched all of Season 1 last week and we're already onto Season 2. What I should be reading: What to Expect the First Year. At this rate Ezzy will be walking by the time I get around to reading it.
Food Cravings: I've had so many cupcakes and cake and cookies this past week. Ezzy is going to come out topped with frosting and sprinkles.
Exercise: Just walking through Target feels like a workout. We did a maternity photo shoot at the arboretum on Sunday, which involved a lot of walking, and then Joe and I planned on eating lunch at the mall and then walking around for a bit, but my back gave up after one store. Instead we went home and I took a two hour nap to make up for all that physical exertion.
What I Miss: Everyone says I will miss pregnancy, and that may be true. But I won't miss the back pain, the rib cage pain, or feeling heavy and swollen and out of breath. I'm ready for Ezzy to be on the outside. Well, physically I'm ready. In reality there's still a ton of stuff that needs to get done before he gets here.
Happy or Moody? Both.
Movement: As soon as I sit down, and especially after I eat, he likes to do a round of jumping jacks.
Looking Forward to: Crossing off what's left on my maternity leave to-do list. Also, I'm excited to see the pictures from our maternity photo shoot. We got a lot of great shots, but Jerome is an amazing editor, so I'm sure they'll look even better once he's done with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment