Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Family Photos






As much as I love the outdoor setting in our maternity photos, we weren't able to get together with the same photographer, so we decided to take advantage of the super inexpensive Christmas deals at JC Penney's and get our family photos done there. I'm not a huge fan of most of the traditional JCP photo poses (ie - the awkward shots of the whole family sitting on the floor smiling at the camera), so I did a bunch of research beforehand, and went in with a plan of what I liked, and what I didn't. I actually just showed the photographer my Pinterest inspiration page, and she was really receptive to my ideas and let me pick all of the poses. (If you're interested, you can check out my Pinterest family portrait board here.) The only pose I really liked from JCP's website was of a family wearing white t-shirts and jeans in front of a white background. It's not something I would have thought up on my own, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out, especially in the black and white shots. We went on a weeknight, so we were the only ones there. Our photographer was also really good with Ezzy and really fast, which was great because it was at an hour when Ezzy usually gets fussy and sleepy. All in all, I'm really happy with the experience and our photos and I can't wait to hang some of these on our walls!

PS - we also took Christmas photos, but I'm saving those as a surprise, since they'll make their rounds in our Christmas cards this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment