Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Annnd...we're out of lights.
Much better!
Quite possibly the cutest ornament ever!
So cute that it warrants another photo.
The finished product.
Tried to capture Ezzy giggling at the tree, but he stopped every time he noticed the camera.
LOVE my growing hummingbird collection.
Ezra 2013
My favorite photo from our JCP shoot
Holly from Trader Joe's

Our house is completely Christmasified! We splurged on a Douglas Fir and every time I walk through the door I'm hit with that wonderful fresh pine smell. Once we got our tree in the stand (a 2-day feat) we put on all the lights we bought last year on and realized that only took care of the bottom two feet, (last year's tree was tiny!)so we made our third Target run in two days to stock up on more lights and tree trimmings. All my hummingbirds from last year's collection have been brought out of hibernation and introduced to a few new friends. Our stockings are hung (by the hallway entrance because we don't have a chimney) with care. Originally we bought "J" and N" stockings for Joe and myself, but then I realized we are no longer Joe and Nina, we're Dad and Mom now, so I exchanged them. Unfortunately they were out of M's, so for the time being I have a funky pink and red "M" to mark my stocking. My favorite Christmas decorations by far are the portrait of Ezzy in his Santa hat and the ornaments commemorating his first Christmas. I smile every time I look at them. Ezzy's favorite decoration is the star on top of the tree. When it's lit up he just stares and stares. I wonder what he makes of it all.

I hope you're all enjoying the festiveness and merriment of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment