Thursday, December 19, 2013

Weekend Recap: Our Modesto Holiday in Photos

Carrying 15 lbs of dead weight passed out baby through the Oakland Airport.
My bow! Bad Kitty!
Christmas #1 with the great-grandparents.
Christmas #2 with the cousins and great aunts.
Looking angelic with Uncle Avery.
Turning on the charm for Mamu.
Showing Uncle Brett how his new toy works.
Catching up with Aunt Anna.
The cousins.
Gangy claimed there are no photos of Ezzy smiling in her arms.
He proved her wrong.
Ezzy's got a bank account. He's richer than me!
Christmas #3 - 1 hour to unwrap 3 presents.
What's more fun, the present or the paper?
Goodbye, Modesto! On our way back home to see Daddy.
Throwback Thursday: Me and my mom 30 years ago vs. me and Ezzy now.
We had the best time in Modesto. Ezzy hasn't seen his uncles and Aunt Anna since our last visit, five months ago. My how Ezzy has grown since then! Last time we spent an hour watching Ezzy trying to roll over (unsucessfully) and now he's sitting up and grabbing things and laughing and chattering like a big boy. Even though we were only there for four days, we managed to see all of our family plus my bffs and still have some downtime for relaxing at home. I wish I had taken more pictures while I was there. We didn't get any with Great-Grandma Kathy, or with my friends. We always get distracted catching up on the last few months of our lives that we forget to take pictures. 

One of my favorite parts of the trip was watching Ezzy spend an hour unwrapping three presents. We all gathered around to watch and encourage him. He would grab ahold of a piece of wrapping paper and flail wildly until it ripped off of the gift. Then he would scream and growl at the piece of paper until he had sufficiently beat it into submission. Then he would usually try to eat the paper, at which point we would distract him with another piece still attached to the gift and begin the cycle over again. 

Grampa and the uncles got to babysit Ezzy for the first time. It was actually the first time Ezzy has been out of mine and Joe's sight for a substantial amount of time. I was gone about three hours, and Ezzy slept the first 40 minutes, was content for about half an hour, was fussy for an hour and was completely distraught the last thirty minutes. As soon as I walked through the door he was all smiles though, with no signs of being traumatized. Grampa and the uncles, on the other hand, were a different story. I always joked that my brothers were my birth control, so now Ezzy is returning the favor.

Also, in case you were wondering, Ezzy did great on the flight. I thought he would sleep, since we were flying at night, but nope! There was too much to see and he was wide awake making eye contact and smiling at anyone who would look our way. The flight attendant commented that Ezzy was better behaved than he was during the flight. I am one lucky momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment