Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Life Lately: NYE & More


On New Year's Eve two years ago, when I was pregnant with Ez, we got breakfast burritos and cheese fries and then snuggled in bed and called it a night at 10 pm. Apparently that's my new pregnant NYE tradition because that's pretty much exactly how we spent our night. Exact this time Ez was along for the ride. We also drove the Rose Parade route to check out all the crazy people camping out in the freezing cold. I capped off the last night of 2014 splitting a slice of cake with my two loves and swigging bubbly (apple cider) straight from the bottle. Pure classyness over here, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Fun fact: NYE 2012 was the first time Joe felt Ez kick.

After getting back from Modesto we set up a little dinner date with Grandma Kat & Grandpa Brett:


Joe was lucky enough to work from home last week, so we filled our lunchtimes with lots of park dates (and Target trips).

Ez's preferred method of sliding:

I can't get over how big he looks here:

We spent an evening at the bookstore and were pleasantly surprised to find they stocked up on their Thomas trains over the holidays. Ten trains for two little boys should be no problem, right? Well, the other kid was hogging eight to himself. Apparently when I got up to get a book Ez decided that just wasn't fair and grabbed a train out of the kid's hand. Then the other kid chased him around the table and In Joe's words, Ez suddenly turned into a little sprinter and made it round the table twice before Joe caught him. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda sad I missed it. But I probably would've high-fived Ez, so maybe it's for the best. I've been saying for awhile that I'd like Ez to be more assertive, so I'm glad he stood up for himself, even if it wasn't executed in the best way.
The calm before the storm.
On Sunday afternoon we set up a little cousin playdate at a nearby park. Apparently Ez's cousin had been pretending for the last week that he had a baby, and when his mom asked what the baby's name was, he answered: Ezra. So cute! The park we went to had a life size airplane which was a huge hit with kids of all ages. Logan and some other kids were pretending the engine was broken and they would attempt to fix it then inform us the plane was crashing and we had to jump off and run far away before it exploded. The things kids imagine cracks me up. Ez was just happy to follow his big cousin around. 

So that pretty much catches you up on what the Craig house has been up to lately. Kind of a random post, but I feel like there are so many pictures and memories I wanted to get up before I forget all the stories behind them. What have you been up to lately?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy having fun! I'm stuck in a rut. I'm super exhausted and trying to keep up! Hoping to snap out of it soon and get back on track and schedule. Holidays messed me up lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! That sounds like a great NYE. I don't have kids, but I was still asleep by 10! We had champagne in the fridge, but my husband was getting over a cold and I was getting one.
    Your son is adorable! I would have high-fived him for correcting that greedy train kid, too! I would end up raising a little anarchist, if I wasn't careful :) But seriously, I would have been proud of him for standing up for himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you guys had an amazing NYE! I was able to spend it with my boyfriend (sick) in bed. Haha. Hooray for the Target trips! What were you able to snag? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so fun! and Hooray for Target!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like ya'll have had a lot of fun family time lately!

    ReplyDelete