Monday, August 31, 2015

Our Move


We did it! We're all moved into our new place. It gets the stamp of approval from Ez for having plenty of space to run around, stairs to climb (which will probably give me a heart attack, but he's obsessed), and a park about a stone's throw away. Plus, empty boxes. Better than toys, for sure. I'm loving the walk in closet, huge master bathtub, and a Starbucks two blocks away. Oh, and the master bedroom has two closets, which is genius and that means the walk in is all mine. Oh yeah! Joe loves all the bathrooms (we went from 1 to 3 - how we lived with 1 I'll never know), and the central a/c. And Declan is just happy as long as their are ceiling fans. I catch him staring up at them and doing his cute little laugh squeak. 

The actual move itself went smoother than I expected, mostly because Ez and Declan were such rock stars that day. Movers arrived around 10 and were done at 2ish. I wore Declan part of the time, took breaks to nurse him in the car with the a/c blasting, and he slept outside in his stroller the rest of the time. Except for a freak rain shower, which of course would happen on moving day. Ez played in the backyard and snacked on goldfish crackers in the car (which I'm sure I'll still be finding tucked into the seat cracks years from now). 

After the movers left we tidied up and hit the road just before 4PM. We got to the hotel a little after 9, just in time for Declan to pooh all over the place. Although there's never a great time for a poo-splosion, we were happy he saved that for after the car ride. We've done the emergency public restroom carseat cover scrub on a road trip before and it's definitely not ideal. After quick showers all around we ordered late night pizza and fell into blissful sleep. Ha. Yeah right. Ez repaid us for the calm 5 hour drive by literally bouncing off the walls and randomly screaming at the top of his lungs for no good reason well into the night. Apparently Joe had to tackle him before he bounced off the bed at one point. So yeah, my idea of a smooth move is probably pretty different from someone without kids, but we pulled it off with minimal tears and that's all I can ask for.

Unpacking is slow going, especially because I got hit by a stomach bug for most of the weekend, but we've stocked the kitchen and we've already located our local target, so we've got the basics covered. Priorities.

A few pics in the new place, unfiltered and uncleaned:

3 comments:

  1. Hooray you survived!!! I think Aria saves up her crazies for any and all hotel rooms. Stairs are always a big hit too. And Target and Starbucks! I hope the stomach bug is cleared away though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are all moved! Now we need a house tour when you are settled or before you move again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot to get done with two little ones! I don't know how you did it. I'm happy to hear that you are settling in and keep up with the unpacking of boxes, I know that it is a process.

    www.artadorned.com

    ReplyDelete