Tuesday, July 19, 2016

38 Facts About Joe on his Birthday



As promised, and for the first time ever, Joe is giving a little glimpse about himself here on the blog. Usually I just talk about him and post pictures, and he has no say over what I decide to share. But today, on his birthday, he's giving us a few random facts about himself. 38 to be exact ;)

Happy birthday my love! We love you more than you'll ever know. 

(The stuff in parentheses and italics are my add-on thoughts. Everything else is Joe.)
  1. My favorite Starbucks drink is a iced green tea latte with sugar free vanilla and soy milk.
  2. I call it "the green one."
  3. And I almost always make Nina say the order for me. (Former barista right here...I speak the language.)
  4. I have a doctorate in organizational leadership from Pepperdine.
  5. My final high school GPA was 1.7.
  6. My final GPA when I got my doctorate is 3.7.
  7. I love peanut butter and honey sandwiches. (Said while eating a peanut butter and honey sandwich.) 
  8. I don't like jelly/jam.
  9. I'm right handed but my left arm is stronger.
  10. I've been working in digital marketing for 11 years.
  11. I just started using Instagram last week.
  12. My biggest bench press ever was 520 lbs.
  13. I wanted to compete in the strongman competition in 2002.
  14. I couldn't because I hurt my back and my shoulder.
  15. I can't even count how many jobs I've had, but I'd estimate over 50. (Begins trying to list them all...five minutes later I tell him an estimate is fine.)
  16. My favorite food is rice.
  17. I was raised by a single mom.
  18. I lived in Hawaii from the ages of 3-5.
  19. I have two younger half brothers.
  20. When I was a kid I wanted to be a bus driver.
  21. I originally went to school for government journalism.
  22. I love Civil War history.
  23. I played soccer from the ages of 3 to 7 and was on a few all star teams.
  24. I played JV basketball in high school.
  25. I've been a Lakers fan since 1987.
  26. My first car was a 1980 Plymouth champ.
  27. The first basketball game I ever went to was Magic Johnson's charity game called a Midsummer Night's Magic in 1987 with my dad.
  28. I've broken both wrists and both ankles - 3 while playing basketball and 1 rollerblading.
  29. I don't eat red meat or pork.
  30. I think washing my car is a waste of time. I prefer to just leave it outside when it rains. (Me too.)
  31. I used to collect baseball cards, coins, transformers, and stuffed animals.
  32. I still have my baseball card and coin collections.
  33. I got my most valuable coin from my dad who was working at a grocery store and somebody used it to pay. He kept it and gave it to me.
  34. My favorite TV show of all time is I Love Lucy.
  35. My guilty pleasure movies are Juwanna Man and Good Burger. 
  36. I watch Avengers and Dark Knight every time they're on TV.
  37. My favorite movie of all time is Hoosiers.
  38. I grew six inches the summer between ages fifteen and sixteen. Before that I thought I'd be 5'5 forever.

3 comments:

  1. I feel like I know a little more about Joe now! Can't believe he loves the movie, Hoosiers. I thought only people here in Indiana loved it becasue it took place and was filmed here. In fact, I figured people outside of Indiana probably had never heard of it. Who knew?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Loved learning a little more about Joe. Hope he has the happiest of birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, what a fun take over post =) I don't think I'd get Chris to do this. He'd be all like...but what are the rules, I don't know how to do it!!! That's pretty neat about the coin, I guess they didn't know the value.

    ReplyDelete