Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mommy Laughs

Once you're a mom, you realize there are things that nobody can understand unless they've been there themselves. So I get really happy when I come across articles and blogs by other moms who understand what it's like being sleep-deprived, and unshowered, and basically ruled by a tiny little being that can't even speak yet. Here are a few articles that have made me laugh out loud this week, and give a good glimpse at life with a baby:
  1. What I Do All Day When I'm Home With the Baby - To start with, I love the blog's tagline: Attempts at Adulthood. Her whole timeline had me cracking up and thinking somebody else gets me. The end pretty much sums up a day in the life of a stay at home mom: 4:46  Jonathan arrives home.  Asks how day was.  Asks what I did today.  I show him clean sink and baby who is not crying or bleeding. Yup. What more can you ask for? 
  2. Real-Life Mommy Brain Moments - as you can tell if you scroll through the slideshow, misplaced keys and phones are a serious source of contention for moms. Also, leaving the house without shoes has happened to me recently. Twice. Anyone else? The first time I made it all the way to the grocery store, stepped out of the car, walked around to the other side to get Ezzy, then finally noticed I was rocking my bright pink fuzzy slippers. Suddenly I understand the women who grocery shop with curlers in their hair.
  3. If I Had Known - This one made me laugh at first, but I was crying by the end. When you're childless, it's easy to think of several tangible reasons why parenthood is so hard. And all anyone ever says in response to those "downsides" is that "it's all worth it." Which is true, but it's nice to find an article where someone so articulately puts into words why parenthood is "worth it." 
Any other mommy brain moments you'd care to add to the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment