Friday, February 7, 2014

Foodie Fridays: Eggs for Dinner

Poached Egg & Black Bean Stuffed Sweet Potato
Egg, Bean, & Kale Soup
Egg in a Basked Grilled Cheese with Broccoli
I LOVE eggs. Pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy, I ate them for breakfast every. single. day. But lately I've been on a toast with almond butter and banana kick, which frees up eggs to take a starring role at dinner time. (And just so you know, we didn't eat eggs for dinner every day this week, these meals were spread out over the past few weeks.) In my last Foodie Friday post I mentioned wanting to try out several of Buzzfeed's 21 High Protein Vegetarian Meals - and that's where all of these delicious egg dishes came from. I pretty much followed all the recipes exactly, except for the Egg in a Basked Grilled Cheese with Asparagus (I used american cheese and broccoli instead - stuff I already had in fridge, and it was so yummy!)

Here are the links if you want to try them yourself (and I highly suggest you should):
Also, in case you're wondering what kinds of salads we paired with our meals, here's a list (from top to bottom):
  1. Spinach salad with blueberries and maple roasted brussel sprouts topped with a drizzle of honey and Trader Joe's orange champagne vinegar.
  2. Spinach salad topped with Trader Joe's spinach stuffed mushrooms and Cardini's Asian Sesame dressing. (With sesame bread leftover from a Chinese restaurant on the side.)
  3. Costco's kale salad with sunflower seeds, cranberries, and a poppy seed dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment