Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weekend Recap & Cravings of the Week

La Brea Tarpits, Round 2
This past weekend we went back to the La Brea Tar Pits with Joe's mom. This was my first time actually going inside the museum. It's amazing how many skeletons they've recovered from that area, and they're still finding more. We also went to a short, informative show that had a life-size animatronic Saber Tooth Cat (lesson #1: they are not called Saber Tooth Tigers). Lesson #2: the edges of the cat's Saber Teeth were serrated - so they theorize the cats would saw at their prey, not stab them. Personally, I disagree. My cat has much smaller teeth and he's punctured my arm with them. Maybe the teeth were multifunctional - good for stabbing or sawing?



 
Water on Leaves by Joe
Cravings of the Week

1) For Thursday's Date Night, we had Mexican food for dinner, watched Silver Linings Playbook, and for dessert we went to Merengue in Monrovia. Joe got a "Carrot Cake Ball" - which looked like a really tall carrot cupcake, but after dissecting it, we decided it looked like two cupcakes stuck together with frosting. Whatever it was, it was yummy. I got bread pudding and it was delish.
 

2) A Friday night shopping date turned into another reason to stop by Cinnabon. Apparently we weren't the only ones with that idea, because their line was loooong. (But so worth it!)

3) We bought a Groupon for Pita Jungle, a place I've been wanting to try for awhile. Joe got a veggie burger with roasted potatoes and I got a falafel wrap (my second falafel wrap this month). The wrap was good, but I couldn't finish it because we started off with the 4-bean nachos on blue corn chips. Just looking at all that melty cheese is making me hungry!



4) You can never go wrong with Violet's cupcakes. We got four mini ones to share: Vanilla, Carrot Cake, German Chocolate, and Peach Cobbler. My fave was the Peach Cobbler, followed by the Vanilla.

5) Pre-Tar Pits we stopped by Veggie Grill. It was our second time there in under a month, and I went with the same as last time: Santa Fe Chick'n Sandwich (bottom right corner) and Chili Cheese Sweet Potato Fries (to share). Joe branched out and tried the Crab Cake Sandwich (top right corner), and Joe's mom got the Chick'n Plate (top left corner).

No comments:

Post a Comment