I've seen a lot of bloggers posting what's going in their kids' Easter baskets, and I loved getting a sneak peak and stealing some ideas, so I thought I'd do the same for Ezzy's basket. Also, I think it'll be fun to look back and see what was in his first Easter basket, and once it's in his possession this Sunday there's no guarantee we'll be able to get photos before stuff gets strewn across the house (or eaten).
The theme of his basket is cars, which isn't very Eastery, but it's what he likes. He's getting:
- Melissa & Doug stacking cars
- Melissa & Doug construction puzzle
- Target sippy cup
- Ella's Kitchen milk + vanilla baby cookies
- bandana bibs - I haven't really been putting bibs on him lately, but since he still has no teeth I figure there's some heavy duty drooling in our future and I've always wanted to get him some bandana bibs, which I think are so much cuter and grown up than the regular bibs.
- Target animal-shaped eggs, which I stuffed with a few Ella's Kitchen baby cookies.
- Little Blue Truck Book & Plush
We got our photos from our Spring family photo shoot (I posted the behind-the-scenes shots here) and I love them! Our photographer got so many great shots, and I'll be doing another (or a couple more) posts with all my favorites. But for now, here are some photos of Ezzy discovering Easter eggs for the very first time. We definitely should have saved this for last, because he was obsessed with those eggs. I love the series of shots of him about to drop the egg in the crook of his arm and trying to catch it with his mouth. Silly boy! Also, Joe and I tried to get some bubble action going for these shots, but unfortunately the breeze would carry them away too fast to get really good photos. You can see a few bubbles in the last two photos.
Other than Mother's Day (which Ezzy missed by three hours last year!), Easter will be Ezzy's last "first holiday." This past year has been full of so many amazing firsts for all three of us. It's kinda bitter sweet that his first year is already almost over. I know there are a ton more firsts to experience though, like first steps, first words, first sentences...and I'm so excited for all of those!
Today I'm linking up with Ashley and Jess for their Little Things linkup. Hop on over to check out other moms' favorite little things this week :)