The other night I fell into the Pinterest rabbit hole (pregnancy insomnia strikes again!) and I totally lost track of time while reading all about other parent's creative ways to keep their kids entertained outdoors. Since I figure I could use a little arsenal of activities that will keep Ez entertained for upwards of half an hour without actually having to pack everyone into the car, I put together a little list of some backyard fun that I hope will allow me to play with Ez and watch a newborn at the same time. Or at the very least, allow me to relax in the shade while he burns off some energy. Fingers crossed!
1. Colored Ice Sensory Play from Learn Play Imagine
2. Easter Egg Water Play from Things to Share and Remember
3. Trucks and Shaving Foam from Creative Playhouse
4. Shapes & Colors Hopscotch from The Cow Jumping Over the Moon
5. Construction Site Gravel Pit from Imagination Tree
6. Sponges & Soapy Water from Things to Share and Remember
7. Nature Scavenger Hunt from No Wooden Spoons
8. Color Hunt & Sort from Toddler Approved
9. Soapy Seafoam Sensory Play from Two-Daloo
10. Fizzy Car Rescue from Fun at Home With Kids
11. Water Balloon Basketball from Learn Play Imagine
12. Toddler Gardening - This is pretty self-explanatory, but I figure Ez will enjoy digging in soil and planting a few seeds. Bonus points if we actually manage to grow anything!
13. Outdoor Fingerpainting - Again, self-explanatory, but I prefer to do all painting activities outdoors where the mess doesn't give me a heart attack.
What are some of your favorite low-key backyard activities that I can add to my list? Anything that keeps your toddler endlessly entertained (ie - a miracle!) would be greatly appreciated :)