Monday, June 29, 2015

Meet Declan Lawrence Craig


He's here! Our baby boy arrived three days early at 6:20 am on Thursday, June 25th (exactly halfway to Christmas, as my mom pointed out). He's 7 lbs, 13 ounces (same as big bro - so thank goodness he didn't come 9 days late like Ez did!) and 19.5 inches long. He came into the world fast and loud and is absolutely perfect, but I'll go more into detail on the actual labor in a separate post. For now, I'll just say that Declan's a total sweetheart, very mellow (except between the hours of midnight and 3am, which I'll blame on my nocturnal pregnancy tendencies), and he's very curious and alert. We could not be more in love with him. 

Ez met him right after he was born, since he wound up having to come to the hospital with us, and it went about as well as I expected. He's a little bit intrigued, a little bit cautious, and a little bit "maybe if I don't make eye contact he's not really here." I'm sure they'll be best friends in no time.

Joe and I can't stop marveling how lucky we are to be parents to these two perfect boys.


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! He is perfect, and I agree, you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! He is perfect, and I agree, you are very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many tears!!!! I'm just having all kinds of flashbacks, thank you for that! I'm so happy for yall! Things are about to get super fun ;) can't wait to hear that birth story! Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely need to elaborate on the Ez had to come with us to the hospital bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!!! He's gorgeous!!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Can't believe I was out of the blogging loop and missed this!!! He is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete