Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Summer Bucket List


This summer will be our first season as a family of four! When I imagine our ideal summer I see lots of fun in the sun, but also lots of relaxation and just going with the flow. Normally I'd throw a camping trip or some kind of vacation into the mix, but with a newborn that may be a little ambitious. Instead I'm seeing lots of time in the backyard splashing in the water table or running through the sprinklers. Plenty of beach days and picnics. Ice cream dates and way too much strawberry shortcake. Family movie nights and Fridays at the farmer's market. Bubbles and evening walks. And, of course, some birthday margaritas!

What's on your agenda this summer? Any family traditions that you're looking forward to? For the past two years we've gotten caricatures drawn at the state fair, and I'm so excited to get our first one with all four of us.

And just for fun, here's a look back at how we did with last year's summer bucket list. Spoiler alert: plenty of margaritas made an appearance ;)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, if you get to do even one of those things this summer I would consider it a success! Especially with a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much more ambitious than I would be. Although with a toddler already running around it is hard to just be a hermit for three months too. I recall doing a bunch of nothing when Aria was boring. Just snuggling. Wasn't so bad =) It is a whole different ball game when you add more to that. Aww it will be so much fun though!!! Esp those margaritas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water balloon fights is a great one! My kids would love that! And it's funny that having a baby is on my list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I want to have a water balloon fight! haha I haven't done that in forever! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the caricatures is a great idea!!! My sister and her boyfriend have a few done and they're so cute! I'm going to have to steal that idea!

    I can't wait to see your family of 4 summer photos, exciting times ahead! ;)

    We are taking the same approach, laid back, start some new traditions and have some mini family vacations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a water ballon fight, I'm so adding that to my summer bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete