38 weeks! We are officially in the "are you having contractions yet??" stage. The if you don't answer my call/text right away, it must be because you're in labor stage. All you pregnant mamas know what I'm talking about. And no, no contractions yet.
But, since this could very well be my last bump update, I though I'd get real and throw some pregnancy confessions out there:
- First of all, a huge thank you Cars, and Disney in general, for babysitting my child and for a guaranteed 90 minutes of sanity.
- Ez's 2 year old vocabulary can be a little hard to decipher at times, but the words "chocolate" and "cookies" are magically crystal clear. And the kid can recognize a See's bag from a mile away. Sympathy cravings?
- Soap and cleaning products fascinate me. At this point it's a borderline obsession. (See my 37 week update)
- Yet my house is never clean.
- Sometimes I send Ez off to look for something just so I can hide whatever book we've already read 300 times in a row. #momoftheyear
- I've made it my unintentional mission to eat my way through the entire cereal aisle. Current fave: frosted mini wheats.
- I'm really bad about remembering to lotion up my belly. Unless it's itching like crazy, and then I use like a month's worth of lotion at once. So far no stretch marks though, so I'm pretty sure those lotions and oils don't actually do much in the way of prevention.
- Also, I always forget my prenatals.
- I haven't checked baby center or any other baby development sites in months and therefore have no idea what sized fruit this babe is comparable to right now. If I had to guess, I'd say record-breaking watermelon-sized though. #secondbabysyndrome
- I'm addicted to cooking shows. I never used to watch Food Network, and now it's pretty much my constant companion.
- But I have absolutely no desire to actually cook. (See cereal comment above.)
- Ez survives on larabars and fruit like a little foraging squirrel for days at a time. (And cereal, of course.)
- My doctor commented on how much weight I've gained, then went back through my charts to see if there was a big jump in one particular week, before informing me, "Oh. You've gained a lot of weight at each visit." Thank you, Dr. Obvious. (For the record, I gained the same amount with Ez.)
- We still don't have a name nailed down, but Joe has grown exasperated enough to give me full control on that matter. ;)
- Joe once made me laugh so hard I peed myself. Watermelon on the bladder + laughter is not a good combo.
- Joe has also been asking daily if the baby can please just come out already. Apparently I'm not the most pleasant 9 month's pregnant lady. I'm with Joe on this one though. Come out any day now, lil guy.
And in honor of my last Disney bump pic, I threw together a little collage of all my Disney pregnancy pics:
My stomach got certifiably huge in the last two weeks. I'm kinda scared how much bigger it can get if he decides to stay put for another 2-3 weeks.
And, in case you wanna look back, here's all my other bump updates. Thanks for following along!