Friday, October 17, 2014

Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns


A pumpkin-obsessed boy + thousands of expertly-carved jack o'lanterns? That was definitely a Halloween event we couldn't miss! 

Back in September, when I saw a Groupon for Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns, I really had no idea what to expect, other than lots of pumpkins, of course. At that time Ez hadn't even seen a pumpkin, and didn't realize that they were one of his most favorite things in the entire world, but it was a good deal, and kid-friendly Halloween fun, so I bought us tickets. I'm glad I did, because it far surpassed our expectations. The event was held outdoors at some gardens and they had a two-mile(ish) walkway set up with literally thousands of jack o'lanterns. We kept thinking we were coming to the end and then we'd turn the corner and there were more pumpkins. It took us about an hour to see all of them. 

Ez was squealing and pointing every which direction, even though we were there past 9 pm and he was pretty tired. That boy's a trooper when it comes to fighting sleep though. My favorite pumpkin art were there dinosaur sculptures and the Robin Williams portrait. The pumpkin tree was pretty amazing too. They even had one of their pumpkin carvers working on some crazy intricate pumpkins. They take pumpkin carving to a whole new level...

Pre-pumpkins we ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant where they take your picture and give you a free postcard. I'm not gonna lie, I love those! And look at my lil thug/mini-Zoolander glaring at the cameraman. I'm pretty sure if it had been a girl behind the lens he'd be showing off his dimples.



1 comment:

  1. That is the coolest! I'm in awe of the talent! I love those big dinos. Next time I'm independently wealthy (because it happens ALL the time, yes?) I'm taking an around the country Fall events tour. Because we have so little, boring. I want to see all the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete