Friday, March 21, 2014

Coffee Date Friday: We've Got a Crawler on Our Hands!


Today I'm linking up with Rags to Stitches for another coffee date. I'm drinking Pumpkin Spice coffee from Target, which was on clearance and it is so yummy! 

A few exciting things have been happening over here this week. To start with, Ezzy is crawling now! As in, crawling forward, as opposed to just pushing himself backward. A few days ago I noticed that when I set him on the floor and turned away for a few moments, then looked back at him, he was a few inches in front of where I'd set him, but I didn't actually see him in action. Yesterday, when he was exactly 10 months + 1 week old, I saw him crawl the entire length of the living room toward me. He does a kind of army crawl thing, where he pulls himself forward with his arms, with his belly on the floor. Honestly, I had given up on him crawling. I thought he would go straight to walking, because it seems like that's right around the corner. So I was pretty surprised when he just suddenly figured the whole crawling thing out.

Now that St. Patty's Day is over, that only leaves one more big holiday before Ezzy turns one. That means we're almost done with all of Ezzy's first holidays, which makes me a little sad and nostalgic. They weren't kidding when they said the first year flies by. (And by "they" I mean everyone I've encountered in the past year, from friends and relatives to random people in grocery stores.) Thanks to Gangy and Grampa Ezzy had three different St. Patrick's Day outfits to choose from. We started with the Notre Dame onesie, and after he covered that in watermelon juice (his new favorite food), we moved on to a Target onesie and bib. To celebrate, we went to Whole Foods for the salad bar and some fresh juice. I got the Green Oz, and I will never drink that again. The ginger was pretty overpowering. We did discover some yummy barbecue tempeh which made the whole trip worth it though (pictured on the salad below - the thing in the middle that looks like "human brain," as somebody called it.) Joe and I loved it so much that we ate it for three days in a row, and were sad when we ran out. 

Speaking of salads, I'm officially in wedding shape-up mode! I've been doing lots of jogs on the treadmill during Ezzy's naps, as well as ballet workouts that I find on youtube. We don't have a date (or venue) picked out yet, but I don't want to try on dresses till I'm back at pre-preggo weight. 

The other thing that I'm excited about this week is a weekend trip to San Diego. We're planning on taking Ez to the beach again, as well as the zoo, and swimming in the hotel pool. We got him new swim trunks, a pool floatie, and a little shovel and pail for the trip. The last time we went to the SD zoo, I had just found out I was pregnant. It was so early that we hadn't even told anyone yet! So this will technically be Ezzy's second trip there. 

Whenever I post pictures of Ezzy, everyone comments on how he's always happy and smiling. And in his 10 month update, I mentioned how he pretty much is a happy baby nearly all of the time. Well, he must have heard me, because now I'm eating my words. For the past week, he's discovered a new cry that he uses all. the. time. It's a "my-world-is-crashing-down-around-me" cry, and it can be used for everything from not being fed fast enough (even if he's still chewing his previous bite) to "I don't like this toy anymore" to "I want to be held" to "I don't want to be held anymore"... basically he just gets in moods where nothing's gonna make him happy. So even though I don't have much photographic evidence, trust me, this kid cries. I'm hoping it's a short phase or teething, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So that's what's been going on over here this week. What's going on in your life?
Barbecue Tempeh Salad
Proud of himself for crawling all the way across the living room!
Look at him go!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Notre Dame's youngest fan.
A few morning smiles always brighten my day.

2 comments:

  1. Crawling! Now life gets interesting ;-)
    Wedding planing! I know you don't have a date, but are you trying for this year? Or is that not even for sure? Weight loss sucks. At least you are close to your goal. How did you stay so close to your pre preggo weight anyway? All I ever see are pictures of desserts? lol

    I am currently battling my own weight. And I am winning. And by winning, I mean losing. lol Since the first weekish of Jan, I have lost 17lbs, which may sound good, but it is still higher than what I weighed after my weight loss challenge last year at work. 10 more pounds and I will back to the lowest I've been since Isabell (I think. I can't remember how much I weighed going into that pregnancy). Ultimate goal: still 37 away (and that may put me close to my pre prego weight from Alex). Needless to say, I have a ways to go.
    What else? I'm talking to my friends more :-) I bought a couple of dresses the other night. (10 pounds and I will like how they fit a little better) and well, you know the rest.

    I think that is all for now. until next Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, life is about to get very interesting. I see a lot of frantic baby-proofing going on this week!

      As far as the wedding planning, we are aiming for this year, but some places are already booked for every weekend through 2014. Crazy! I'm sure we'll find somewhere though, and of course I'll keep you update :)

      I did NOT stay close to my pre-preggo weight. I actually gained a ton of weight by the time Ezzy decided to come out. About half the weight came off within the first three weeks, and then I didn't lose anything for awhile while I was waiting for breastfeeding to work its weightloss magic. And then I realized that wasn't going to happen, so I started slowly eating better and spending more time on the treadmill and lost weight very slowly - like 3 lbs a month. So if you've already lost 17 since the beginning of the year you're doing amazing! You should be giving me some tips ;)

      Delete