Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Recap Part 2: San Diego Getaway


After wandering around the zoo for a few hours (all walking - no sky tram this time!), we were starving. Joe found a really good vegan restaurant a few miles away called Evolution Fast Food, which just happened to be next door to the best dessert place in San Diego, Extraordinary Desserts. Joe isn't much of a dessert person, but even he had to admit the berry coffee cake he ordered was amazing. And the raspberry danish I got was hands down the best danish I've ever eaten. My mouth is watering just looking at these pictures. The waiter offered us a to-go box. As you can see, we didn't need one:

We spent Saturday evening wandering around the shops at Fashion Valley. I got myself a new shirt, since the one I was wearing was covered in orange baby food. Oh yeah, in case you were paying attention, I didn't stick to my 40 days of no shopping rule. I think I lasted about 15 days. Whoops. We also bought a honeysuckle scented candle at Anthropologie, which Joe says reminds him of when he first met me, because I used to wear Bath & Bodyworks Honeysuckle body spray. So sweet :)

For some reason, while we were in Anthropologie, Ezzy was cracking up for no reason at all. He was hysterical. It might have been delirium from not napping, but every time he made eye contact with me he'd start screaming and giggling uncontrollably. We got a video of it, although he toned it down a little for the camera. Along with the giraffes, and the yummy desserts, this was a top contender for my favorite moment of the trip. (See video here:)

On Sunday morning Ezzy woke up bright and early, before 7:00, so Joe took him on a walk of the hotel's gardens while I slept in. Love those boys sooo much!

Before we headed home, we wanted to stop by the beach. The weather was overcast and in the 60s, which I'm sure is warm for the east coasters reading this, but it wasn't exactly beach weather in our opinion. It was however perfect weather for a walk, so we walked along the bike path next to the beach, and then walked through the board walk. 
A hummingbird we saw on our walk. He was hovering right over our heads!
No trip to San Diego is complete without a stop at Ghirardelli. Again, Joe is not an ice cream person, and usually he'll take a few bites and let me finish the rest. Not with Ghirardelli though. We fight each other for the last bite when we eat there!

And now we've got one more mouth vying for our ice cream:

Much like at Anthropologie, Ezzy was in an over-the-top cheerful mood. He kept grabbing the chair next to him and screaming and then staring at the ceiling fans and chuckling to himself and then staring down anyone who wasn't paying attention to him and laughing hysterically. He's so crazy and full of energy. He cracks me up. 

As you can see, once again we had no leftovers:
Ezzy and Daddy doing the "lean"
A lil too short for a pat on the head...

No comments:

Post a Comment