Obviously I'm really excited for fall, but before I get started on a fall bucket list and throw myself into all things pumpkin I wanted to take a little look back at our summer. It was a pretty special one, after all. Declan made his appearance right at the beginning of summer, and as we ease into a new season, it's crazy to think Declan has been here just three months. It feels like his sweet little smile has been lighting up my world for so much longer. Yet at the same time it also feels like just yesterday that I was pregnant. And his birth. I'm pretty sure those two hours are gonna live vividly in my memory as if they happened just yesterday for a long looong time. So as we're saying goodbye to our first season as a family of four, I wanted to do a little walk down memory lane. In the form of collages, of course.
Some of my favorite summertime memories:
- Declan's arrival! (Also, his birth story and a little pregnancy recap).
- Declan's very 1st holiday - the 4th of July at just 10 days old.
- These favorite moments from June, as well as this list of things I love about Ez, some classic Ezzyisms, and some small but sweet things I want to remember from this season of our lives.
- A short but sweet visit from Auntie B just before Declan was born & lots and lots of family wanting to meet Declan.
- Several SOS moments + lots of sweetness adjusting to the whole newborn & toddler thing (our 1st week, a typical day in our life, another glimpse at daily life, brotherly bonding).
- All the toddler craziness: here, here, and here.
- Watching my littlest baby grow up way too fast.
- Our first family photo shoot, including a dueling meltdown and another impromptu photo shoot with a bee scare. Photos are clearly not our thing.
- Cramming in as much Disney as possible (here, here, and here).
- Exploring: SF, Half Moon Bay, the train, the museum, and Happy Hollow - we covered a lot of ground!
- And finally, our big move - a huge change, but one that we're very happy with.
Even though we didn't check off all the items on our summer bucket list, I think we came up with lots of spontaneous adventures and made our first few months as a family of four memorable and fun. Can't ask for more than that!